Lawtech are actively looking to recruit site managers. Please see the below job description and should you require further information please contact Lawtech via the contact form below.
Overall purpose of role
- Manage and monitor the delivery of the specified site / block to time and budget, in a safe and effective manner.
- Manage, motivate and appraise foremen and sub-contractors within the project.
- Liaise with QS, H&S, ISO, technical and other managers within the company, in order to ensure delivery of the project.
- Creation, management and monitoring of specified part/s of project plan and associated budget/s.
- Management of foremen and other site / block specific sub-contract on-site.
- Working closely with Commercial, Design & Quality and Health & Safety departments.
- Manage specified works and workforce, to agreed productivity levels, deadlines and budgets.
- Assist the maintenance and building of relationships with all key client staff and stakeholders, funders and other third parties, as required.
- Take full ownership of all aspects of management of works within your remit.
- Understand the scope and manage the resources required to deliver the works to time and budget.
- Manage the delivery of the works to programme and communicate all requirements to the workforce, supporting them in the production of their sections of the programme.
- Co-ordinate labour and material requirements across the works / site teams to ensure efficient use of stores and resources. Liaise with project manager / QS / buying department to ensure timely placing of orders and sequence of material deliveries. Keep control of the labour and material by constant and accurate monitoring of the site requirements and related documentation.
- Be in possession of all relevant information to produce, maintain and control the delivery of the works, communicating information to the workforce as required.
- Maintain agreed quality standards, communicate those standards, all programme and contract requirements to workforce.
- Maintain complete and accurate online and printed records for all aspects of the works, ensuring compliance with legislation, regulation and company policies.
- Work with project management, commercial department / QS to ensure sub-contractors, LOSC, orders, budgets and costs are managed.
- Work with Health & Safety department to ensure delivery of the construction phase H&S plan, risk assessments, method statements and COSHH assessments and ensure all relevant documentation and notices are available on site.
- Work with ISO and Design & Quality departments to ensure total management of service and product delivery, across the works.
- Work with resident liaison and customer service personnel to manage and resolve residents’ issues to their satisfaction.
- Monitor workforce performance through objectives and action plans, as required.
- Ensure all contractor and sub-contractor issues are raised and dealt with appropriately.
- Attend site and management meetings weekly, fortnightly, monthly as required.
- Keep up to date with relevant industry regulations, H&S legislation and company processes and procedures.
- Technical – ONC/HNC or equivalent qualification/experience in construction-related discipline
- CSCS card
- Site Managers Safety SMSTS
- Asbestos awareness
- Scaffold awareness; mobile tower scaffold PASMA
- Manual handling
- Fire awareness
- DBS checked as required for specific projects.
- Competent user MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Microsoft Outlook email and calendars.
- Competent user Project Probe (in house system)
Understanding the business – Demonstrate understanding of Lawtech business, EWI/cladding materials management and working with LOSC and parameters of decision-making and authority of your role.
Budgeting and finance – Manage overall value of assigned works, KPIs and deadlines as agreed for each project, such that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
Face to face communication – Demonstrate good communication skills throughout your working environment, promoting a team-based and collaborative working environment with line manager, workforce and colleagues and ensuring you understand your action points from meetings you attend. This includes communication in internal meetings, with clients, funders, with subcontractors and suppliers and covers listening skills, feedback skills, being assertive.
Written communication – Demonstrate good written skills, such that emails and project documentation are accurate and error free, with minimal review required by line manager. This includes communication for internal use, client use, subcontractor and supplier use, contract and other reports.
Organisation and time management – Demonstrate excellent organisation and time management skills, such that works, weekly and monthly reporting and other deadlines are agreed and met with accuracy and attention to detail, with minimal input by line manager, managing online and printed documentation, priorities and expectations throughout.
Managing performance – manage, motivate, coach and develop assistant managers and staff as required ensuring you delegate work appropriately, supervise staff, setting objectives and actions, take part in PDR process as required, working with line manager.
Managing projects – manage planning and documentation of all aspects of works to agreed deadlines and schedules, working closely with line manager and other departments as required, maintaining highest levels of Heath & Safety and Quality standards.
Managing clients and suppliers – demonstrate importance of relationship with clients, sub-contractors and other suppliers, through effective face-to-face and written communication, management of their expectations and deadlines and achieving customer satisfaction targets.
Keep up to date with relevant industry regulations, H&S legislation and company processes and procedures.
Undertake other training necessary for delivery of your role.
Must hold full driving licence.