Dagenham Library, Dagenham
Contract Type: Mixed-use New Build
Bouygues’ exciting Design and Build mixed-use scheme in Dagenham set out to create civic and residential space with excellent sustainability credentials.
The 5-storey development comprises:
- Dagenham Library and One Stop Shop – ground and first floors (1,700m²)
- Retail unit – ground floor (400m²)
- 82 no. residential units – upper floors, including 29 no. Affordable Housing units
Lawtech was appointed to install External Wall Insulation (EWI). We used:
- Alsecco EWI system – white silicone render and brick slip
- Timber cladding
- Skia anti-carbonation coatings – applied to the newly-constructed concrete soffits of the residential element
The finish was made perfectly level and plumb through dubbing out and with the aid of laser levels.
The mixed-use Design and Build scheme in Dagenham achieved a BREEAM ‘very good’ rating for the civic facility and Code for Sustainable Homes Level 3 for the residential element.