Project Award - Heronwood
Date Posted: 09 / 12 / 14
Lawtech Ltd is pleased to announce one of its projects, Heronwood for First Wessex Housing Association won Sustainable smaller housing retrofit project of the year.
The greenest social housing organisations in the UK were congratulated at an awards ceremony in London last week, hosted by one of the world’s greatest living explorers, Sir Ranulph Fiennes and organised by Inside Housing magazine.
Emma Maier, editor of Inside Housing, said: ‘The projects and organisations which have been recognised for their outstanding achievements in the most advanced – and affordable – in green building and sustainability.
'The Sustainable Housing Awards 2014 showcase the best projects and organisations in the UK, and demonstrate that the social housing sector is leading the way on sustainability, despite the challenging policy environment.'
Inside Housing organised the event in association with the Chartered Institute of Housing, and it was sponsored by Breyer Group, H+H, Higgins Construction, Keepmoat, NHBC, SPSenvirowall, Sustainable Homes and Wates Living Space.
Over 500 people gathered for the celebrations at the prestigious London Lancaster Hotel on 17 October 2014.
The judges include some very distinguished experts:
- Sophie Atkinson, director, Sanctuary Group
- Susan Crookston, director, Blairtummock Housing Association
- Debbie Harvey, sustainability projects officer, Orbit Group
- Robin Feeley, director, L&Q Energy
- Martin Hilditch, deputy editor, Inside Housing
- Jess McCabe, acting features editor, Inside Housing
- Andrew Mellor, partner, PRP
- Lynne Miles, associate, Arup
- Victoria Moore, partnership head of sustainability, The Guinness Partnership
- Andrew Warren, director, Association for the Conservation of Energy
For more information about the awards visit Inside Housing’s website – www.insidehousing.co.uk
This has more details of the judges, sponsors, pictures and details of all the other finalists shortlisted for the various awards.