Whether its aluminium, wood or terracotta tiles, these systems are secured by extruded aluminium rails fixed securely to the substrate, with insulation material inserted within the void. Special pressed metal profiles and cills are added to make them waterproof.
Most Rainscreen systems are formed of a duel layer of construction. The outer layer is there to screen from the rain and the inner layer to provide thermal insulation, prevent excessive air leakage and carry wind loading.
The key benefits;
- The Outer layers Breathability reduces energy loss
- The structural frame of the building is kept absolutely dry
- Water that penetrates between panel joints evaporate and/or drain in the cavity.
- Rainscreen systems allow wind pressure acting on the outer face of the panel to be equalized in the cavity.
- The durability and need for maintenance outlasts many other façade treatments.
Natural Stone is one of the oldest construction materials known to man. It is very robust, highly durable and aesthetically pleasing.
The largest disadvantage with traditional natural stone cladding systems are their weight – an average of over 100kg/m².
Lawtech are proud to be installers of a natural stone rainscreen solution which weighs up to 50% less than traditional natural stone cladding.
The natural stone is sliced into sheets and laminated to a lightweight aerated clay concrete panel. The panels are hung on an aluminium support system using hidden mechanical fixings to form a rainscreen.