Fire at Dairy Close Successfully Stopped

Following a completed cladding replacement project at Dairy Close SW6 4HB to five occupied housing blocks a fire recently broke out within one of the flats. A residents laptop battery exploded, causing a 4th floor flat to be engulfed in flames.

However, the effective installation of fire stops in-conjunction with a mineral wool insulated cladding system  prevented the fire from spreading externally, allowing the Fire Brigade the time to contain the fire. As a result the only external damage done was a discolouration of the panels and insulation around the vents. This demonstrates that despite the extent of the fire within the flat a robust quality driven installation of the new cladding system ensured the safety of the residents.

   

more news

Contact form